For many attendees, networking and peer-to-peer learning are an invaluable part of Ellucian Live. The benefits of connecting and sharing knowledge as well as best practices with other academic institutions from around the world are invaluable. Braindate makes it easier and less awkward to find and have meaningful conversations with others who are working in your field and facing similar challenges.
What is a Braindate?
Braindates are meetups focused on topics proposed by Ellucian Live 2020 attendees that take place in the form of one-on-one or small-group conversations. Braindates enable you to tap into the vast knowledge of your peers, allowing you to crowdsource learning experiences from thousands of attendees. At the same time, it offers a more intimate, personalized way to connect with others about subject matters that you feel passionate about.
For more information about Braindate, watch this video
When can I begin using Braindate?
The Braindate platform will be available in March for all registered Full Conference attendees.
How does Braindate work?
We’ll be sharing new details on how to use the Braindate platform to build your schedule prior to and during conference. In the meantime, here are a few points to help you understand how Braindate works:
- You will be able to browse a Topic Market to see what topics are available for discussion and find subject matter that’s most relevant to you.
- You will be able to use a topic generator to create your own topics for one-on-one or small-group braindates.
- You will meet in-person, at a comfortable Braindate Lounge for your braindates at Ellucian Live 2020.
What topics should you share?
Everyone has valuable insights to share—no matter what your experience or background. To help jump start topic ideas, consider the following questions:
- What are some of your best practices for problem solving?
- What do peers come to you for advice about?
- What challenges have you worked through that others can benefit from?
- What personal rituals have improved your life and work?
- What industry trends do you find most fascinating—or worrisome?
“You know the sessions are amazing but with braindates you actually have a lot more interactions so you can get deeper, ask personal questions about the product, how it relates to your institution and then through the conversation other things naturally come up that you might not have thought about prior.”