Ellucian Brings Award-Winning ERP Systems Banner and Colleague to the Cloud
Ellucian’s experience, coupled with Amazon Web Services’ market-leading infrastructure, enables institutions to keep pace with innovation
- Ellucian Banner® and Ellucian Colleague® are now available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
- Ellucian now offers the first and only complete SaaS enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions designed specifically for higher education administrators, faculty, and students
- The cloud solutions enable institutions to take advantage of market-leading innovation while increasing IT efficiency and effectiveness
Ellucian, the leading global provider for higher education software and services, announced today the availability of Ellucian Banner and Ellucian Colleague as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for higher education institutions. Ellucian now offers the first and only complete SaaS enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions designed specifically for higher education administrators, faculty and students.
Ellucian made significant investments in Banner and Colleague over the last two years to create a best-in-class user experience—with enhanced mobile, self-service and extensibility tools—while maintaining the features users love.
The Ellucian Banner and Colleague SaaS solutions enable institutions to take advantage of market-leading innovation while increasing IT efficiency and effectiveness.
“As colleges and universities continue to evolve to meet changing student expectations, senior institutional leaders want to help students access advanced, easy-to-use solutions anytime, anywhere,” said Nicole Engelbert, director of research & analysis at Ovum. “Cloud technology is essential to innovating more rapidly and delivering a modern student experience and improving student success.”
“With the release of Ellucian Banner and Colleague SaaS offerings, we have become the first provider to offer a complete SaaS ERP solution for higher education,” said Jeff Ray, president and CEO of Ellucian. “Our clients rely on Ellucian’s rich, deep functionality, which was built specifically for higher education; they now also have access to the security and scalability of a world-class cloud platform.”
Ellucian began working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide the most secure, best-in-class cloud infrastructure to its more than 2,400 customer institutions around the world.
The new Banner and Colleague SaaS offerings provide:
- A truly fresh, modern user experience for faculty, staff and students
- The market's most feature-rich, functional solutions—purpose-built for higher education
- The best cloud platform available today, with unmatched scalability and security through Ellucian’s partnership with AWS
- The freedom and flexibility to access innovation and updates and enhancements without disruption
“Moving to a SaaS cloud solution with Ellucian gives us the ability to reassign IT resources to process improvement so we can better meet our customers’ needs,” said Frank Abney, assistant director of IT at Eckerd College. “Ellucian has been a great partner, constantly evolving and expanding product offerings that fit our changing needs. We are looking to Ellucian cloud for solutions built with students, faculty and staff like those at Eckerd in mind.”
“We strive to be a student-centered institution of higher education and we find a great partner in Ellucian,” said Dr. Jianping Wang, president of Mercer County Community College. “We are very excited to be working closely with Ellucian to bring our existing ERP system to the cloud. This will enhance our ability to deliver services to our students wherever they are, whenever they want.”