Turning prospects into donors: Do you have the right moves
Best practices in moves management for advancement in higher education.
- Moves management is about nurturing relationships
- It’s important to set goals and implement a tracking system
- Keep the interests of individual donors at the forefront
The most successful institutions implement a systematic, highly-personalized approach to major donor cultivation. And that approach begins with moves management.
Moves are actions you take to create and deepen relationships with your top donors and prospects. Managing these moves in a formal, strategic fashion—moves management—is widely recognized as a best practice in major gifts fundraising. Doing so is critical to remaining competitive, and, even more importantly, to building enduring relationships with students from the moment they enroll to the rest of their lives as loyal alumni.
Fundraising in higher education is not getting any less competitive, but using smarter, proven strategies that utilize the right tactics and technology can take your advancement program to the next level.
Why is moves management critical to advancement? This white paper includes insights and strategies on how to:
- Be donor-focused each step of the way, and focus on the right donors with the right tactics
- Make the best use of your alumni management software
- Develop, measure, and track realistic goals through a robust constituent relationship management tool