Ellucian announces 2018 EllumiNation Award winners
Ellucian honors customers who use technology to achieve mission-driven innovation.
- Ellucian announced the winners of its 2018 EllumiNation Awards at its annual users conference, Ellucian Live
- The awards honor leaders who use technology to encourage innovation and enhance the student experience
- Awards were presented in four categories: Executive Award, Technology Award, Community Award, and Participant of the Year
Ellucian, the world’s leading provider of software and services built to power higher education, announced its 2018 EllumiNation Award winners, honoring higher education’s visionaries driving change with Ellucian’s software and services. Winners were recognized today at Ellucian Live 2018, the largest user event in higher education technology.
EllumiNation Awards were presented in four categories:
- EllumiNation Executive Award: Dr. Mary Graham, President at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston, Mississippi
Dr. Graham's colleagues credit her support and vision for leveraging technology that supports the mission of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, employee productivity and student services. In less than two years, the college created a single student services model, with one user-friendly platform for students to complete their registration, financial aid packaging and advising services.
- EllumiNation Technology Award: Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oral Roberts University set out to "flip" its traditional university setting and reach millions globally with its Whole Person Education using augmented and virtual reality, powered by Ellucian’s Banner® enterprise resource planning system. Its meta-initiative, known as "Geovision™ Ecosystem," now provides more than 500,000 learning environments to enhance the curriculum and its Global Learning Center reaches students worldwide.
- EllumiNation Community Award: Mark Koenig, Assistant Vice President for Advancement Services, Analytics, and Digital Strategy at Oregon State University Foundation, Corvallis, Oregon
Mark Koenig is dedicated to infusing innovation throughout the advancement profession, giving his time generously to industry organizations outside of the Oregon State University Foundation. He shares insights on how to maximize data and analysis to better inform higher education engagement and fundraising and collaborates with vendors to drive the quality of industry offerings—including participation in the Alpha and Beta cycles of Ellucian CRM Advance.
- EllumiNation Participant of the Year: Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
Lamar University regularly shares best practices and experiences with Ellucian solutions for the benefit of their peers and the broader higher education community. They have engaged in numerous reference calls, participated in speaking engagements, shared their successes in video interviews, and are a valued member of the Ellucian community.
"This year’s EllumiNation honorees are leaders who use technology to encourage innovation, enhance the student experience, spark change for the betterment of student success and actively work to develop a community of practice within higher ed," said Ellucian Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Jackie Yeaney. "Their work is truly making a difference in their communities—for fellow institutions, for colleagues, for faculty and most importantly, for students around the world."